Fit and Savvy Recipe: A delicious post-workout smoothie…
Here’s a delicious and nutritious smoothie recipe to help you recover after a hard, arduous workout. Whether it’s a long run, a boot camp session, or a strength and resistance program, this tasty blend will help you in your effort to refuel and recover…
- 1 medium banana
- frozen berries (approximately 1/2 cup)
- almond milk (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- whey protein concentrate powder (two tablespoons or so)
- nutritional yeast flakes (two tablespoons or so)
- lecithin granules (1 tablespoon)
- ground flax seed (1 tablespoon)
Steps to blend the perfect post-workout smoothie
- To start, ground some flax seed (your coffee grinder will probably handle the job) and grab your blender.
- You’ll then peel the banana, break it up into chunks and add to the blender.
- Add the frozen berries, and then barely cover the banana and berries with the almond milk.
- Add the dry ingredients (whey, yeast flakes, flax seed and lecithin).
- Add the remaining almond milk. I use the Magic bullet, and like to fill my cup to the top.
- Blend until smooth (it takes about 30 seconds in my blender).
You’ll likely find this to be the most delicious shake you’ve ever had. What’s great is that it is extremely nutritious as well. You’ll get lots of vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber in this blend…
Give this recipe a try after your next workout!